27 December 2008

Ikei Performance Athletes represent Arizona in Offense-Defense All American Bowl

January 2, 2009, Coastal Carolina University will welcome eighty-eight of the best high school seniors in the country to compete in the Offense-Defense All American Bowl. This prestigious all-star football game has provided numerous athletes opportunity to showcase their skills amongst the best in the country and produced countless NCAA and NFL greats throughout the years.

Ikei Performance is proud to announce that two of our athletes, Ryan Reardon and Caleve Deboskie, will be representing Arizona on the West Team. Ryan Reardon of Notre Dame Prep was selected as a Linebacker and has proven to be one of the top tacklers in the state as he helped lead his team to back-to-back State Championships. Caleve Deboskie of Chandler High was selected as a Wide Receiver and led his team with receiving yards this season. Both of these young men wasted no time after their seasons finished and immediately started training at Ikei Performance in preparation for the bowl game.

“I’m honored to have been selected to the O-D All American Bowl. This year was a great one for me, winning back-to-back state titles and now being able to represent the state of Arizona on National TV, I can’t wait to play” states Reardon. “I’ve worked hard all year long since the end of last season. I took the advice of what some of the scouts and college coaches have shared with me and put in the work to overcome my deficiencies. Now it’s time to lay it all out on the field.”

Caleve Deboskie is familiar with the High School All-star Games as his older brother Covaughn played in the Army All-American Game last year. “Last year I got to watch my brother play in his all-star game and told myself that I’m going to do everything possible to get invited to a bowl game as well” says Deboskie. After receiving his invite to the Offense-Defense All American Bowl Deboskie was pumped about playing stating “I’m extremely proud to be representing my school and the state of Arizona. I know this is a great opportunity for me to show my skills and ability against top level competition.”

“We are very proud of Ryan and Caleve. I think I got more excited than them when I received the news” remarks Chad Ikei, owner of Ikei Sports Performance, “both these boys exemplify what hard work and discipline can do for a young athlete. They dedicated their summers to improving their athletic ability. To make the sacrifices they made to improve their game says it all and both of them are very deserving of playing in this bowl game.”

Congratulations Ryan and Caleve and enjoy this moment as you play your final High School football game on National Television. All of us here at Ikei Performance are extremely proud of you and know you will both exceed all expectations.

Check out our boys play at the Offense-Defense All American Bowl live on Fox College Sports, Friday, January 2, 2009 kickoff at 5 pm EST.

No comments: